Friday, July 30, 2010

Kendrick and Fasting

A couple of Sunday's ago Kendrick came to us and wanted to fast for the afternoon. He wasn't sure he wanted to tell us why he wanted to fast but after discussing the why's and how's for fasting he told us that he wanted to fast so that it would be easier on him and Dylan when it came time for him to go back.
We decided it would be appropriate for Brett, Kendrick and I to fast the following Sunday. And give a good honest effort... Fasting while really contemplating the reason and trying to have the spirit while we fasted.
Well now is the final moments. He, Brett, and Dylan are in the airport saying goodbye to yet another summer and rejoicing in even more memories. I asked Kendrick yesterday if he felt any different having fasted. He said firmly " I KNOW Heavenly Father has helped! Usually this last week is super hard and it hasn't been TOO bad."
I agreed. Yeah it has still been hard but personally I've been a little more patient and haven't been really emotional. As for Dylan and Kendrick. I would hate to see how it went without prayer and fasting.
Somethings are better left unknown. Overall, I too know that the Lord has answered the prayers of my little guy. I'm so thankful for prayer and teaching moments such as this.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

How cute! What a faithful little man. He is so lucky to have you guys.

July 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

That is really cool that he initiated the fast. I'm glad he loves you guys so much that he needed help having to say goodbye. That is sweetest to me. Sorry he had to go.

July 30, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home