Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Well Child Check

McCoy and Tessa had their Well Child Checks today. We had a few concerns we
wanted to address for both of them.
McCoy has always had bad bowel movements. Bad beinging hard, deer pellets, that often accompany sand like crumbles. How's that for gross? And too much info haha. Anyway, so we asked about that. We have to take him off cows milk for 1-2 weeks to see if that changes anything. Yeah right like that is going to happen! Let's just skip to the next solution which would be to give him Miralax. I think I can handle that. Our family is way to dependent on dairy.
His percentages are as follows:
Weight - 14%
Length - 65%
Head Circumference - 42%
Tessa has similar problems. She hasn't gone poop on her own for a month! WoW I know. haha I give her a week to do it on her own and then I give her a suppository. Then she goes (sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't) Then I give her another week and same thing. Well I was getting really worried that something was wrong. So her appt. came in a timely manner. I have to give her Miralax as well. Do you think my dr. just has Miralax on the brain? haha I would except for the fact that they each saw different dr.s today.
Hopefully it will calm her down though.
She has been the most tense baby I've had thus far. She is always fussy. But can you blame her... she can't poop. Her dad tells her it isn't lady like and she can only have one movement a week. Obviously he is just joking. Other then that she is just fine.
Her percentages are as follows:
Weight - 38%
Length - 37%
Head Circumference - 57%
It's crazy how much babies grow in such a short period of time. And not in all areas. Last month she was in the 24th percentile for her weight and in the 85th for her length. So she didn't grow much this month as far as length but weight she is doing well.
Well that is the gist of it. Too much info I know. But that is what is on my mind.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 Comments:

Blogger Cody and Denise Valdez said...

Logan (9 months old) had the same problem for a while. Our dr told us to give him 2-3 oz of straight apple juice once or twice a day and it should help, and it did tons! We were doing the suppositories before that and apple juice did the trick. He recommended that over prune juice. Thought you might like a tip.

August 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Pehrson Gang said...

I also have a daughter using Miralax and it has worked great. She is 5 now and has been using it for about 1.5 years. I haven't noticed any dependancy on it and we only give her half the dose. It helps her colon to heal (not being so full of poop) and shrink back to normal size so she can have a bowel movement without any pain or problems. Good luck!

August 17, 2010 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Karl said...

Consider adding dry fruit to their diets. Raisins, Craisins, Dried Apricots and Mangoes. They are all great for that problem, and it's a healthy option. Winco has great prices on dried fruit in their bulk section.
Good luck!

September 1, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home