Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Broken Foot

Last Thursday, I was at a friends house and when I stepped down off the porch I happened to hit the one spot that was loose. In doing so my foot popped and down I went.
I was so embarrassed. I have such bad ankles that it doesn't take much to drop me to the ground. I just happened to be on the phone with one of my Young Women and walking with Brett and our realtor.
So there I lay on the ground in pain. I felt so retarded, embarrassed and well hurt. I just thought it would go away but the pain continued for an hour or so. So I decided to go to the dr.
The results of that visit was an inconclusive X-ray. Dr. Berry said there wasn't a fracture however there was some bone damage and he wanted me to see a podiatrist. He said I had os navicularis. Of course I didn't know what that was so I googled it.
Just so happens that nos navicular syndrome is something one is born with. It is an extra bone attached to the inside of a foot, slightly to the side of the ankle. K so with this dr. Berry wanted me to seek further help. He said it wS possible that I injured that bone or just aggravate it in the fall.
Today I had my appointment with Dr. Gary Ridge. He took another X-ray. Again no fractures appeared. He think however that I have a slight stress fracture below my outside toes. The area is super sensitive and he said there is a knot in the area. Which would lead he to believe it is a stress fracture.
As for the extra bone, it is there. He said that bone is attached by cartilage between the two. So in this injury it is possible that I broke the cartilage. The X-ray again doesn't dhow but usually the bone is a defined circle. Mine is misshapen and smashed to the bone of my foot. This tells him the cartilage is broken.
So long story even longer and more confusing... I have to wear a boot for the next two weeks. If it isn't painful anymore then that is good and I'm done but if it is then that just reiterates the idea that it is broken and I will have to wear it for an other month.
Yeah not exactly fun!!! Or easy to tell the story. Haha


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanie said...

What a bummer! Hopefully it isn't broken so you can get the boot off in 2 weeks. I'm sure it doesn't make taking care of 5 little ones any easier.

August 17, 2010 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

ewww you're weird, extra bones & junk! :) j/k :) lol

August 17, 2010 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Hendrickson Clan said...

That sucks! Do you need help with the kiddo's or anything else for that matter?

August 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Cody and Denise Valdez said...

I remember we were the gimps who always had to wear ankle braces for volleyball. Nothing changes. I just actually rolled my ankle riding a Rip-Stick. Not young anymore and paying for it now. Good luck. Did you happen to try the apple juice for your son? Let me know if you did and if it works. We just had to use it again for Logan and works like a charm.

August 18, 2010 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Wright said...

I'm so sorry! That doesn't sound like much fun being a mommy to so many little ones. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

August 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home