Friday, September 10, 2010

Alaska Trip Day 10

Okay so my phone died while were at the bunk house so I couldn't add day 10 on that actually day. Sorry we are going to have to go at this by memory and right now it's kind of shoddy because of events from day 11 that we will get to later.
So we woke up on Wednesday morning at 11 o'clock. By the time we got all our gear on it was close to three. We were headed to catch salmon at the silver creek.
We took the 4-wheelers out going along the shore. It was an awesome feeling to chase the waves in and out. I've always wanted to do that but I've always dreamed of doing it on a horse in Hawaii... Hummm 4-wheelers in the rain of Nome, AK. That will have to do for now.
We got back up the tundra at one point and headed across toward some willow bushes. As we went up and down the willow line we looked for a place to get through. After all our efforts were exhausted and Brett an I tipped our 4-wheeler we decided to come back.
Turns out after looking at the GPS (that we left behind) we were off by only about 1/4 mile. So through the willows and we would have made it to catch salmon and possibly see a bear.

It feels like vie told this story before. I guess I'll have to read my own post and see where that day left off.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:The Bluffs at Nome, AK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home