Sunday, September 5, 2010

Update to Day 7

Well I've forgotten to mention the fact that I shot my Dad's gun yesterday. We stopped down by pilgrim to sight in the scopes and when we did that my dad let me shoot his gun.
I was super nervous to do so because I'm not really a gun person. I think it might be because I don't know how to shoot them that they make me nervous. But any way this was the first time I've shot a gun since I was 10 yrs old, I think. I've always said "oh I can't hit the brode side of a barn". So I got the can in my sights at went to pull the trigger and... I just couldn't do it. I sat up and took a deep breath and prepared all over again. This time I pulled on the trigger and nothing happened. My dad fixed something on the gun and I prepared all over again. I pulled back the trigger and off it went. I hit the target and everything haha. It was so unnerving to me I shook off the chills, handed my dad his gun and chuckled as I said "ok I'm good. I don't need to do that again :)" haha yeah just not my thing haha
So going on for today. After church we went to the Head's for lunch.
They are a super sweet family. Sis. Head is so pretty and so genuine. She made some moose meat up like a roast but in some kind of BBQ sauce. WOW!!! That was amazing. Truly good food and great company.
We came back to the church after lunch. We were all so beat. We threw out our sleeping stuff and took a nap. When we woke up I couldn't figure out where I was for a second. I was so disoriented haha.
We then left to go to the Merrill's for dinner. They cooked us up some soul food there. Homemade chili and cornbread. It felt perfect for a drossy day in the rain. Yummy!
Now we have been back at the church for an hour or so. And I don't know what are plans are. Maybe we will get a good night sleep and go out early in the morning.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Round the Clock Rd,Nome,United States

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home